Tuesday, August 19, 2008

One Is Silver and the Other's Gold

Remember the old Girl Scout Song, "Make New Friends"?
"Make new friends, but keep the old, one is silver and the other's gold."
Well, I am so happy to say that I have reconnected with some old "gold" friends! Most recent is my great friend Rebecca. We hung out for almost 3 years straight! Her boyfriend, and my boyfriend were best buds, thus, we became the same. She is currently single, has the same, if not better, body she had in her early 20's, and is living life like an adventure! Her laugh and smile is contagious, and her spirit is not one to be tamed. Reconnecting with her has reminded me of a part of who I am that I haven't thought about in years! First, to be honest, I was very ashamed. Ashamed because my body was not that of my younger years, I was "an old married lady". I was worried she would see me and not really want to reconnect...After my little pity party, I started to remember who I was then was NOT about what I looked like...even though I looked darn good! LOL! I am a better person now, more secure, and the inside is what counts the most in the end. Rebecca's outside matches her inside, she is beautiful inside and out, I am so happy that she is happy, and feel so blessed to have her in my life again. After a lot of thinking, and smiling at past memories with her, I became peaceful. The Lord brought us together again for a reason. Maybe to remind me how much I love to work out, how much I love to meet new people, how much I have to give. So, thank you, Lord, for bringing a golden friend back into my life.

No comments:

Post a Comment