Monday, December 22, 2008

Today is full of "W".

Waiting, wondering, wishing. That is what happens when you are 34 years old and do not have any children yet. I used to think it was something I did, something I didn't do, tried to convince myself it was better we didn't have them. Maybe I wouldn't be a good mother, maybe I won't be married long, maybe I shouldn't have ever done some of the stuff I have done, maybe I would mess them up. Maybe I couldn't handle it. But, now that my nieces as nephews are growing up, and our families are doing more and more things separately, I think, WHY??? Why don't I have children. Children are a blessing. How do you know if you are supposed to adopt? What if we leave it to God, and He decides to give us kids when we decide it is OK we don't have any kids of our own? God has that sense of humor.

No comments:

Post a Comment