Wednesday, April 21, 2010

We had to put Cletus down. He suddenly got very sick and was in a ton of pain. It was horrible to see him like that. Brad and I cried longer and harder than I have ever cried in my life. Ian laid his hands on Cleutus told him not to be scared because he was going to get to be with Jesus. He said, "Cletus, I am praying for you. Be sure to make friends with the other animals in heaven, don't be shy or scared 'cause when I get to heaven when I get out of this body, I want you to introduce me to all your new friends. I love you, and you have been such a good friend to my Uncle Brad. Don't be scared or sad." Well, go figure, there wasn't a dry eye in the place! Anni just screamed with a loud sob, " i am sooooo saaaaaddd!" Ugh...It was not fun. But we are going to get his ashes and have a "remember Cletus" party. It is like we lost our little boy, as absurd as it sounds, there is a huge hole, and emptyness at the house that shakes our souls. Maybe someday we will get another animal, maybe. Brad has never been so heartbroken. It made me fall in love more deeper with him than I ever thought was possible.

No comments:

Post a Comment